Sunday, September 13, 2009

Are You Listening?

There are a lot of popular songs that i just love.
If you listen to the lyrics and take them out of context they are actually quite disturbing.
If not disturbing they do make me giggle.

examples below:

Can you name the popular songs I lifted them from


She tied you to a kitchen chair, she broke your throne, she cut your hair

I love your pants around your feet
And I love the dirt that's on your knees

As a joke I sent a bottle of whiskey
As you choked you said it made you feel dirty...

You will believe in me
And I can never be ignored

Now maybe
I didn't mean to treat you oh so bad
But I did it anyway

Dont they sound creepy on their own.
These are all love songs.

So funny.
What do you think do you know any of them?

6 comments:

  1. im sorry im rubbish i dont know any of those, but i am in england so maybe they are american songs? reveal all friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am the absolute worst when it comes to lyrics. I have not even a hint of a clue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The only one I dont know is the whiskey one, off the top of my head. I'm having a hard time remembering who sung the "i can never be ignored" but I hear it in my head... lol

    The first one, is Hallelujah, by Rufus Wainwright
    Second is Figured You Out by Nickelback
    Third is... the one i dont know
    Fourth is sung by a woman...but I can't think of who or what it is, I know it made me feel awesome singing it though. I keep thinking its something by Garbage or Hole though.
    Fifth is Candlebox Far Away.

    I'm going to look up the other two now

    ReplyDelete
  4. HA! I knew it was Garbage! I had to look it up though. :(

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter